Group Legal, Risk and Compliance Advisor
A logistics company based in the East of Johannesburg is looking for a Group Legal, Risk and Compliance Advisor to join their legal department. The idea candidate would be someone that has worked in the logistics industry.
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- LLB degree a requirement.
- MUST be an Admitted Attorney.
- 5+ post articles experience.
- Must have risk and compliance experience.
- Company secretarial experience (added advantage).
Knowledge of the following:
- Good understanding of the law and applicable acts to the group.
- Litigation experience as to the court processes and pleadings.
- Understanding and interest in general business practice.
- Knowledge of legal principles and implications applicable to the group.
- Knowledge of the implementation of rules and regulations in line with legal requirements.
- Drafting the following agreements: warehousing, distribution, FML, Supply agreements, NDA’s and leases.
- Vetting of supplier terms and conditions.
- Case management of major litigation matters – commercial and restraints of trade.
- Overall management of all litigation matters – insurance and commercial debt recovery matters.
- Compile and plan meeting agendas.
- Compile board packs and annual calendars for meetings.
- Prepare special resolutions and extracts of minutes.
- Prepare minutes and notices.
- Good knowledge of the Companies Act, King III and IV and JSE related queries.
- Legal compliance review: facilitate and co-ordinate updated manuals for applicable legislations and ensure compliance with various managers in the group.
- Keep up to date on changes to and new Acts applicable to the group.
- Protection of Personal Information Act: Advice on POPIA compliance.
- Management of legal department.
- Management of compliance, risk and contracts for the group.
- Provide legal support to business units as and when required.
- Approval of legal fee payments.
- Approval of rental payments.
- Trademark portfolio management.
- Reports on litigation and commercial matters to board.
- Social media and press releases.
- Training on Competition Law and POPIA.
- Legal research.
Please contact Shana Dozetos for more information on 011327144 or email@example.com
|Job Category||FRRW LEGAL RECRUITMENT|